Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Starting the year off with some Walgreens deals!



Here's what I did at Walgreens today... I normally avoid Walgreens deals because I think their Register Rewards are a bit more tricky than Rite Aid +Up Rewards, but I couldn't pass up a great opportunity to stock up on dishwasher detergent!

Electrasol Finish Gel-packs or Powerball tabs (20 ct)- $3.49 (PLUS get $1.50 Register Reward)
-$2.25 coupon from 01/02 SS insert (not in all papers)
** $1.24 OOP PLUS $1.50 Register Reward!! **

$5.70 before sales and coupons
-$2.00 sale (the regular price of these is $5.49!)
-$2.25 coupon
=====================
$1.45 OOP PLUS $1.50 Register Reward earned!

I did this FIVE times!! The store I was at was well stocked, I had the coupons and there wasn't anyone in line behind me so I did five separate transactions to total:

$28.50 before sales and coupons
-$10.00 sales
-$11.25 coupons
===========================
$7.25 OOP PLUS $7.50 in Register Rewards earned!! This should definitely keep me stocked for a little while on dishwasher detergent!

I watched the Extreme Couponing show on TLC last week and although it was a bit exaggerated, it definitely inspired me to get a bit better about stockpiling when I can get items for free or close to free. I'm getting back on track for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment