Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And another Walgreens trip




You really can get good deals at Walgreens, but I don't like Walgreens like I like shopping at Rite Aid. It's just trickier- Rite Aid involves more math & logic (coming up with deals and scenarios- which I'm good at) and Walgreens is just plain tricky. I feel like I'm doing something shady having to hand over certain coupons before others and I don't like having to add filler items if you have lots or Register Rewards.

Here's what I'm talking about- their in-ad coupon takes off the coupon for as many items as you purchase. It says limit 3, but I know it works for at least 4 because that's what I bought today. You want to give your in-ad coupon last, otherwise your coupons might beep, and you can get overage from using in-ad coupons as long as you give them last and the cashier takes them in that order. Yesterday, I had a cashier that did the in-ad coupons first, so I decided not to buy the items since it wasn't as good of a deal. Today, I got a cashier that let me give her the coupons in my order to make sure they scanned right. I still screwed up my transaction a little, but I ended up with a lot for very little!

4- Stayfree Maxi- $6.79 each
$3.00 in-ad coupon
2- BOGO coupon from 1/9 SS
2- $1.00 off printable coupons

$27.16- 4 @ $6.79 each
-$6.79 BOGO
-$6.79 BOGO
-$2.00 (2- $1.00 off coupons)
-$12.00 in-ad coupon (HAVE to hand this over last and have a good cashier so they take the full price off for the BOGO coupons)
** $.42 overage! **

2- Reach Total Care Plus Whitening Toothbrushes- $4.79
BOGO coupon from 10/10 RP
$2.00 in-ad coupon

$9.58- 2 @ $4.79
-$4.79 BOGO coupon
-$4.00 in-ad coupon (HAVE to hand this over last and have a good cashier so they take the full price off for the BOGO coupons)
** $.79 for both **
I could have done better on this one. I planned on buying 4 toothbrushes, and they only had 3 in the store. I only grabbed 2, so I couldn't use the $2.00 off 2 printable coupon I planned to use. I had a stack of $1.00 off Reach toothbrush coupons in my car- not in the store- and I could have used one of those to make it $.21 overage.

2- Reach Dental Floss- $3.99
-$2.00 coupons from 10/10 RP
-$2.00 in-ad coupon

$7.98- 4 @ $3.99
-$4.00 coupons
-$4.00 in-ad coupon
** $.02 overage **

Cottonnelle TP- $5.00

$51.50 before coupons and discounts
-$20.00 in-ad coupons
-$23.57 coupons
-$5.00 Register Reward redeemed
===========================
$2.93 OOP ($1.78 of this was tax!)

If I would have had that extra toothbrush coupon, I would have had overage so that's why I threw in the TP at full price. As long as you have other items at Walgreens to offset the overage, you can get the overage... either way I still ended up with a great trip- I mean- $2.93 for $51.50 in products?? I use to pay more than $2.93 for just the TP!

No comments:

Post a Comment