Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Rite Aid shopping



I had +Up Rewards expiring this week and wanted to use them up. I had a $3 off $15 to use and figured I'd try for Colgate toothpaste which was free after +Up Rewards and buy Ziploc bags to make up the difference to get to $15. I went to the Cork St. store and they had one package of Colgate, so I picked that up and then got 4 boxes of Ziploc bags. That would not have brought my total quite to $15, so I grabbed 2 bubble wands which were BOGO. When I got to the register, I asked the cashier about getting a raincheck for the toothpaste- it was on sale for $2.99 with a $2.99 +Up Reward and I had $.75 off coupons.

The manager overheard me asking and volunteered to go in the back and check for more- and sure enough, she came out with an armful! The limit to the +Up Reward was 4, so I bought 4. I split the transactions, and if I would have been thinking (and if they weren't already rang up) I wouldn't have bought as many Ziploc bags, but still ended up getting a great deal. Plus, I used my expiring +Up Rewards, and managed earn more +Up Rewards to keep rolling the fun!

Transaction #1

2- Colgate toothpaste- $2.99 (get $2.99 +Up Reward!)
2- $.75 off coupons from 6/5 SS
** $2.24 OOP PLUS $2.99 +Up Reward for each one! **

4- Ziploc Bags- $2.50 sale (3 ended up ringing up at $2.39 with my Wellness Plus discount)
2- $1 off 2 coupons from 5/15 SS
** $1.89 each for 3, $2 for the other 1 **

2- Bubble Wands- $1.99 BOGO
** 2 for $1.99! **

$24.52 before coupons and discounts
-$6.88 Wellness Plus savings and sales
-$8.00 previously earned +Up Rewards
-$3 off $15 survey coupon
-$3.50 coupons
-------------------------------
$3.14 subtotal
+ $.70 tax
===============================
** $3.84 OOP!! PLUS 2- $2.99 +Up Rewards earned! **


Transaction #2

2- Colgate toothpaste- $2.99 (get $2.99 +Up Reward!)
2- $.75 off coupons from 6/5 SS
** $2.24 OOP PLUS $2.99 +Up Reward for each one! **

$7.58 before coupons and discounts
-$1.60 Wellness Plus savings and sales
-$1.50 coupons
-$2.99 previously earned +Up Reward
------------------------------------
$1.49 subtotal
+ $.26 tax
====================================
** $1.85 OOP PLUS another 2- $2.99 +Up Rewards earned! **

I was happy to get some more free toothpaste-- I had a moment of panic last week when I checked my stockpile and saw I 'only' had 2 tubes of toothpaste left. Toothpaste seems to be one of the easiest items to stockpile, so I feel like I'm always getting it and giving my freebies to friends and family. I hadn't realized that I was down to my last 2 tubes! Not anymore-- and next week there will be a free after +Up Reward for Crest, so hopefully I'll get some of that so I can get back to giving away my extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment