Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Strange Rite Aid shopping trip



I had another one of those "What just happened" shopping trips this morning. I had a plan, and then it went wrong... but then it ended up working out great.

Here's what I tried to do:

4- Arm & Hammer Kids Spinbrush- $7.49 BOGO (spend $10 get $5 +Up Reward)
4- $2.00 off coupons from here or here or here
** $6.98 for all 4 PLUS $5 +Up Reward!! **

2- Peeps- $.99 (impulse buy- I love Peeps!)
1- Robin Eggs- $.99

I thought my OOP was higher than it should have been, but didn't know why so I just went with it. When I got the receipt, the +UP Reward didn't print, and I saw that instead of the toothbrushes ringing up BOGO the computer had just given me my Wellness Plus discount.
First attempt:
$35.93 before discounts and sales
-$9.00 Wellness Plus savings and sales
-$15.00 previously earned +Up Rewards
-$8.00 coupons
======================
$3.93 OOP
+$1.44 tax
$5.37 OOP

So, the cashier had the manager come up to correct it. He ended up grabbing the girls toothbrush since that was the one in the picture and it appeared to ring up correctly. He returned all 4 toothbrushes I got for $5.99 each (giving a refund of $25.40). Then he rang up 4 of the girls toothbrushes and used the $25.40 that was refunded to pay the $15.88 total for the 4 toothbrushes, giving me cash back of $9.52. And, the +UP Reward printed. So, I ended up walking out of the store with $4.15 more in my pocket than I came in with.

So, I think this is what the transaction totals ended up looking like:

$35.93 before discounts and sales
-$17.98 Wellness Plus savings and sales
-$15.00 previously earned +Up Rewards
-$8.00 coupons
======================
-$5.05
+.90 tax
=$4.15 BACK IN CASH-- PLUS my $5 +UP Reward printed! Not exactly as planned, and I forgot my $3 off $15 survey coupon... but a great shopping trip! I love these battery toothbrushes for my boys and this was a great deal. I did use $15 in +Up Rewards, but between the +Up Reward and cash back it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment