Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

On a roll!


This has definitely been my week for couponing! We had a house showing today so I figured it was a good time to get some groceries.

$150.94 before coupons and sales
-$28.10 sales
-$18.36 in-store promos (buy cereal get free milk, buy bread get 2 free, etc)
-$36.99 coupons
=====================
** $67.49 OOP!! **
(will be $64.50 once I go back and get a refund for getting overcharged for strawberries)

It was a very strange checkout experience... I had a terrible cashier that took forever. She was from a different department and got pulled to the registers. I had a couple free coupons and I didn't know the prices of the items. She didn't know how to look up the prices, and when she asked the cashier next to her he told her to give the full value of the coupon. I did the right thing and told the other cashier that the items did not cost that much and he told me not to worry about it. So, I ended up geting a couple moneymakers! I had 2 Free Philadelphia Cooking Creme coupons and they were $2.99 and they keyed the coupons for $4.49 each so I made $1.50 for each one! But, when I got home I did see that I got overcharged for strawberries- somehow she got them to ring up at $4.99 instead of $2.00, so I already called and will go get the difference this evening.

Some of the best deals were Greenworks Dish Soap for $.23 and free milk for buying Nutri Grain bars and Rice Krispies. And, of course I made sure the Nutri Grain bars we grabbed had the Cars 2 codes on them so we can get a $5 gas card or $5 concession cash. I also found in my coupon binder a $2 off coupon for Greenworks glass cleaner when you buy Greenworks multi-purpose spray so I had to do 3 transactions so I could get both cleaners for only $.23 also. When you buy 2 Greenworks products, you get $2 off instantly but you can only do so once per transaction. There were $1 off peelies on the dish soap, but you can also print a coupon from the Greenworks website to use. I also stocked up on frozen veggies which were only $.55 after my $1 off 3 coupons.

Use the links on the left to get to Meijer matchups for this week. There are definitely some good deals this week. I haven't been posting my Meijer pictures lately because I haven't been getting as many great deals- but I think to get 57% savings with an $8.99 bottle of wine included is worth bragging about!

No comments:

Post a Comment