Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Some cheap fun!



A couple weeks ago I needed to do a major coupon cleanout- but I needed to come up with a project for my boys to do that would keep them busy. They like playing Play-Doh, but instead of just getting out the whole bin of Play-Doh stuff, I let the help me make our own Playdough! It was a lot of fun AND because we made it ourselves, they played with it a LOT longer than they normally play with Play-Doh.

There are lots of different recipes out there... but this is the recipe I used- I got it from my mom who made it for my brother and I when we were little!

Homemade Playdough

1 cup water
1 cup flour
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
food coloring

Heat over stove, stirring constantly until ball forms. Add food coloring, let cool- and play! I usually it in the fridge (I don't know if you really need to but I think it stays together better when it's cold) in a ziploc bag or in a glad container.

I gave the boys the playdough and some cookie cutters and they played for over an hour-- and came right back after naptime and played some more! This activity was definitely a hit in our household!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Sarah! The girls would LOVE to help me make playdough! I will be adding this to my list :)

    Heather
    -Spectacular Savings

    ReplyDelete