Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Great Rite Aid shopping trip!



I got my coupons together last night and checked the Rite Aid ad to figure out a good scenario to get diapers this week. Yes, I did buy diapers at Walgreens last week, but I got Pampers and my son already got more of a rash after a couple days... so we'll be using about 1-2 of those a day and will have to stick with Huggies no matter how cheap I find Pampers.

This week there is a $5 +Up Reward when you spend $20 in advertised Huggies diapers. I wasn't sure if all Huggies products were included or just the advertised sizes, so I stuck with the advertised sizes.

Transaction #1

3- Huggies Diapers jumbo pack- $9.59 (regular price is $11.99 and I have 20% Wellness discount which made the diapers cheaper than the advertised price of $10)
3- $3.00 off printable coupons
** $6.59 each PLUS $5 +Up Reward earned! **

2- Oral-B Cross Action toothbrush- $2.99 (get $2 +Up Reward!)
2- $1.50 off Oral-B Cross Action (and others) toothbrush from 5/1 P&G
** $1.49 OOP PLUS $2 +Up Reward earned! **

$45.95 before coupons and discounts
-$11.20 Wellness Plus savings and sales
-$12.00 coupons
-$3.00 off $15.00 survey coupon
-$20.00 previously earned +Up Rewards
==================
** -$.25 subtotal!! I'm not sure how this happened because I thought my subtotal was higher when I handed over my last coupon but it worked **
+$1.91 tax
==================
** $1.66 OOP PLUS $9 in +Up Rewards earned! **

Transaction #2

Huggies Diapers jumbo pack- $9.59 (regular price is $11.99 and I have 20% Wellness discount which made the diapers cheaper than the advertised price of $10)
$3.00 off printable coupons
** $6.59 **

Huggies wipes- $8.99 (sale price)
$.50 off wipes coupon from 5/15 SS
** $8.49 **

$23.98 before coupons and discounts
-$5.40 Wellness Plus savings and sales
-$3.50 coupons
-$9.00 +Up Rewards redeemed (from first transaction)
====================
** $6.08 subtotal **
+ $1.11 tax
====================
** $7.19 OOP!! PLUS another $5 +UP Reward earned!! **

So, in all I ended up spending $8.85 OOP- which is less than I would pay for ONE package of diapers- and I got FOUR packages of diapers AND a big box of wipes PLUS two toothbrushes!! And, I still have another $5 +Up Reward left!

When I went through my coupons last night I discovered I had printed a bunch of $2 off Huggies diapers coupons that expire in the next couple days. I made sure to keep them separate today and I was the coupon fairy at Centre St today! I left about 10- $2.00 off coupons for others to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment