Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Is couponing really worth it?

So, after awhile of couponing you have to ask yourself, is this really worth it? Is it worth my time? Is it worth having to buy a couple printer cartridges each year, some printer paper and some extra Sunday papers?

The answer is YES!! As I was just putting my grocery shopping and Walgreens trip into my savings tracker, I looked at the total amount I have saved this year from coupons-- $3,971.34!! Now that's just using coupons- printed, newspaper inserts and store coupons. My average savings for the entire year is 63%!! The personal goal I had set back in January was to average 60% savings. There have been a couple months that I've been a bit under that, but also there have been months that I've beat that- and to be at 63% savings for the year to me is awesome.

If you haven't been following my blog since the beginning, I found a Savings Tracker that allows you to track your sales and coupon savings. There is also a rebate tab on the worksheet- I put all my submitted rebates on the list and fill in when I receive them to make sure I get all my rebates.

Have you been tracking your savings? How are you doing for the year? I'm doing great keeping my savings percentage high but I still am working to keep within a set budget... every month something always seems to come up and I always end up spending more than I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment