Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

What do you do when you get a free product coupon?

What do you do when you get a free product coupon? Do you rush to the store to get your free product? Not anymore!

Yesterday in the mail I got four free product coupons from Children's Tylenol and Motrin for their recalled medicines. Two weeks ago I got coupons for seven free jumbo packs of diapers Pampers (my son got a horrible rash from their new Cruisers). I'm holding onto these coupons so I can make money from them!

Here's what I suggest to maximize your free product coupons:

-Save the coupons for a buy one get a gift card free deal. Target often does this with diapers, so that's what I'm hoping for with my Pampers coupons. Usually every couple weeks they do a buy 3 jumbo packs, get a $5 gift card deal, so if I used 6 of my free diaper coupons I could have 6 jumbo packs of diapers PLUS $10 in gift cards.

-Use the coupon at Walgreens when the product has a register reward. I did this a few months ago for a razor rebate. I had a full rebate for the razor, so I figured if I bought it at Walgreens during a register reward, I'd actually make money off the deal- which I did- I got a $7.99 rebate for the razor and a $5.00 register reward. (Register rewards are coupons that print at Walgreens for buying a particular item or combination of items that you can use on your next order). Meijer is another place to try- there may be a Cataliana promo where you get a checkout coupon for money off your next order.

-Use the coupon at Rite Aid when the product has a rebate. Rite Aid does their own monthly rebate program so you could make money this way too.

Before I was good at couponing, I'd get a free product coupon and hurry up and use it... but with a little planning and waiting for an incentive- holding onto free product coupons can put extra cash in your pocket!

1 comment:

  1. As always great advice Sarah! I really appreciate this aspect of your blog, the coupon teaching. I'm just learning not to use my free product coupons immediately. I saved the Kraft free coupons I got a few weeks back so I could use them towards the Kraft $30 rebate. I just got my free Butterfinger coupon in the mail the other day. I know I should save it for a situation at Rite Aid when I just need a dollar or two to use a $5/20 coupon, but I'm not sure if I can wait! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete