Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Walgreens

Although I do prefer to shop at Rite Aid, this week there weren't any deals I felt I had to get so I tried shopping Walgreens again. I did pretty well-- I could have done a bit better, but I think Walgreens is a bit more tricky. Next week I can already tell will be better! I did go to two different stores because the first store didn't have everything I wanted-- that's definitely the best part about Walgreens- there are 3 stores within about 4 miles!

First Store

Transaction #1
2- Excederin Tension- $4.99
2- $1.00 off coupon from 12/5 SS
** $3.99 each **

2- Excederin Extra Strength- $6.99
2- FREE Excederin Extra Strength coupons from home mailer- up to $5.99
** $1.00 each **
** BONUS *** Spend $20 in Excederin products, get a $10 Register Reward!! **

Disney Activity Books- 2 for $1 (so that I could use some Register Rewards)

$26.46 before coupons and discounts
-$5.00 Register Rewards used ($3 & $2)
-$13.98 coupons
** $7.48 OOP PLUS $10.00 Register Reward earned!! **

I could have done beter in this transaction if I would have gotten a smaller package of Excederin Extra Strength- it would have been completely free. I knew that I needed to spend $20 to get ther $10 RR, and buying 4 @ $4.99 wouldn't have been enough- and I figured that I'd just get the bigger ones for my freebies since they were only $1....

While I had been in the store, I saw that they had Infect Guard hand sanitizer on clearance for $.99-- I had left my coupon binder in the car but knew I had 2- $1.00 off coupons I had gotten somewhere, so I went outside after my first transaction and grabbed the coupons--

Transaction #2
Infect Guard Hand Sanitizer- $.99 (clearance price!)
$1.00 off coupons from ?? (I think these were in a magazine I picked up at the pediatrician's office)
** FREE!!! **

$4.10 before coupons and discounts
-$2.00 clearance discount
-$1.98 coupons (they adjusted them down to the sales price)
** $.12!! ** I love just paying tax for my purchases!!

Second Store


4- Reach Crystal Clean Toothbrushes- $1.79 each
4-$1.00 off coupons from 10/10 RP
** $.79 each PLUS $4.00 Register Reward when you buy 4= $3.16 OOP= $.84 moneymaker after RR! **

2- Easter Mini-Sticker books- 2 for $1 (again, I needed a filler to use a RR)

$8.65 before coupons
-$2.00 previously earned RR
-$4.00 coupons
** $2.65 OOP PLUS $4.00 RR earned!! **


So, for all three transactions, I spent $10.25 OOP for $39.21 in merchandise- PLUS I have $14.00 in Register Rewards to spend! Next week I'm going to see how low I can get my OOP with using my $14 in RR!

No comments:

Post a Comment