Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

How to clean almost anything...

So, in my greening my cleaning, the replacement for many of my household products has been vinegar. Vinegar can clean almost anything (not marble and wood), is cheap and it's safe to use around kids. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant, so vinegar has replaced Lysol in my house.

Here are a few ways I use vinegar:

- as a spot/stain remover on the carpet (mix vinegar and water)

- the tray on my fridge door that catches ice/water (pour vinegar in tray and let sit for awhile, then wiped right off)

- my shower head (put vinegar in plastic bag and tape/rubber band around bag to hold in place for awhile)

- in my dishwasher as a rinse agent

- as a drain opener (pour boiling water, then vinegar and baking soda down the drain to open clogged drains)

- as a toilet cleaner (sprinkle baking soda in toilet and then vinegar and let sit)

- as a multi-purpose cleaner (mix with water in spray bottle to clean windows, counters, toys, etc)

Here are a few sites with uses for vinegar:

Real Simple- a great list of vinegar uses- also 66 All Natural Cleaning Solutions for other natural cleaning products

The Vinegar Institute- more vinegar uses

Have you used vinegar for anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment